The Automotive Detailer is responsible for pre-washing vehicles prior to moving them into production and cleans and details all assigned vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. The position is also responsible for supporting management and coworkers by completing general cleaning responsibilities. The Automotive Detailer will contribute to Doug’s Custom Paint & Body by offering 100% customer service satisfaction where finishing touches make all the difference.
Position responsibilies included but not limited to:
- Pre-Op & Repair Planning: Wash vehicle, clean interior and exterior windows and wipe down door jams. Sweep and/or vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris. Performs a pre-wash on some vehicles prior to the actual repair process beginning. May also wash vehicles during the estimating process in order to identify all damage and upsell opportunities.
- Team Engagement & Problem-Solving: Is an active and prepared participant in daily production meetings. Knows status of vehicles and helps problem solving and getting and keeping vehicles scheduled for on-time delivery.
- Vehicle Repair: Performs a thorough detailing and cleaning of all vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. May participate in the process of completing the detail and other non-repair portions of the process as assigned.
- Miscellaneous Support Duties: Provides support by shuttling customers and vehicles, and general maintenance of repair center and outside grounds. Will also do light shop maintenance and cleaning the shop as needed. This would include emptying trash, recycle, clearing sidewalks, parking lot maintenance, parts, etc.
- Safe & Organized Workplace: Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures. Adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal. Participates in safety meetings and utilizes information on the job. Keeps detailing work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Enjoys working on cars and must have strong attention to detail, willing to work as a team, and a great attitude!
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
- Must be willing to accept work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team
- Must maintain a valid state drivers license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle and pass pre-employment screens.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid continued education and training
- 5 day work week in a pleasant work environment
Email Michelle at email@example.com or more information.